VICTORIAN FINELY WOVEN 14K GOLD SLIDE-AND-TASSEL BRACELET
With black enamel decoration and four seed pearls; engraved "H.H.P. 1868"
Item # 109ZHP14W
A finely fabricated 19th century Victorian slide bracelet decorated with a tassel fringe. Executed entirely in 14 karat yellow gold, the full 1" wide woven mesh exhibits a slight rose-gold hue in the lower weave and a yellow-gold hue in the upper weave. It adjusts to fit any wrist up to 7 7/8" with the sliding centerpiece intricately decorated with tiny scrolled engraving, the top element embellished with a geometrical pattern of black enamel and a row of four seed pearls set in the center. The end of the bracelet is hung with a series of tassels that dance as you walk. The incredibly fine weave makes for a very comfortable wearing experience and the overall condition of the bracelet is noteworthy. The underside of the tassel is engraved and dated "H.H.P. 1868".
- Composition: 14 Karat Yellow Gold (unmarked, confirmed purity with jeweler's acid, tested electronically and also tested using a specific gravity machine while adjusting for pearl density)
All items are rigorously tested for metal content. Metal content is guaranteed.
- Markings: "H.H.P. 1868", otherwise unmarked
- Dimensions: maximum wrist circumference of 7 7/8"; adjustable down to fit any smaller wrist; 1" wide (band), 1 3/8" W (clasp)
- Age: Circa mid 19th century
- Primary Stone: 4 seed pearls
- Total Weight: 62.4 grams
- Condition notes: Tiny losses to the black enamel. Very fine original condition with no observed restoration.